Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce



I am sure at this point many of us have our Thanksgiving menu all planned.  I tend to the traditional with just a couple twists.

Typically, my Thanksgiving table includes my Great-Grandmother's Cranberry Salad.

I adore it, my husband does not....I know sad.

This year, I decided to try something different but still on that traditional side.  A few fruits made their way out of the referidgrator and this fantastic sauce appeared.  I love it because it is tart but not overdone with a ton of sweetness.  It also goes together quickly and can be easily done a few days ahead of time.

Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce

16oz of fresh cranberries, rinsed
1 navel Orange
1/2 a Pomegranate
1/4 cup of honey

In a medium sauce pan, add the cranberries and honey.  Add the zest and juice of the orange.  Squeeze all the juice of the pomegranate in as well.  Then the seeds, be sure to keep as much pulp of the pomegranate out of the sauce.  Stir well, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 45 minutes.  Cool and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!