Sunday, November 21, 2010

Crazy Easy Salad

The other night I was starving but not in the mood to cook, go to the grocery store, or go out.  It was one of those nights where I needed to pull a couple things from the refrigerator and be done.




Here are my ingredients...

Fresh Baby Spinach
Pomegranate
Pecans
Flaxseed oil
Black Pepper

Here is my effort...

Spinach goes into bowl.
Slice Pomegranate in half.
Over the bowl squeeze the fruit until you hear it crack.
Squeeze the juice over the bowl.
Pick the seeds out.
Toast the pecans and throw in the bowl.
Drizzle in 1 TBS of flaxseed oil.
Add a couple turns of pepper
Toss together.

This was a GREAT salad.  The tangy pomegranate with the sweet spinach was a perfect combination.  The juice and flaxseed oil also made a great dressing.  Super quick, super all around!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!