Sunday, March 28, 2010

Things I love....

I love...

goat cheese (see recipe below)
warm days when I get to ride my bike outside
plain nonfat yogurt with nuts
having great friends over for dinner
asparagus
catching up with my Mom on my drive home
a glass of red wine
days when my husband is doing a recovery ride (that way I can keep up)
pizza
when my patients say "thank you"
banana chocolate chip bread
quiet Sundays when I can catch up on Food Network and search for new blogs.
trying new restaurants
date nights ( we have one planned tonight!)

Today I got to sit on the couch and do what I love to on a Sunday.  One blog I love to follow is Taste and Tell.  Deborah takes great pictures and tries lots of different types of recipes.  Her Pecan Pork Chops are on my upcoming menu.  I ended up at Aggie's Kitchen from this blog.  She is doing a fun giveaway where to enter you post your chili and cornbread recipe.  I LOVE chili and cornbread!

Check these blogs out....I think you might like them!

My Favorite Goat Cheese Dip

4 oz of goat cheese
1/2 cup of part skim ricotta cheese
zest of one lemon
1 TBS of lemon juice
1 TBS of olive oil
3 TBS of fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper

Combine everything.  Serve with crackers or garlic crostini.  This is a GREAT recipe for spring and summer,  it is one of my favorites!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I recently had goat cheese for the first time and LOVED it so, this recipe sounds just delicious.

    I am off to check out these blogs you mentioned and I love your new look here on your blog. Maybe you have had it awhile... I haven't been blogging much:)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!