Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Hoisin Chicken Canapés


I recently posted about my trip to Chicago for my brother's wedding.  In which I mentioned a hors d'oeuvre that I loved, Hoisin Chicken Canapés.  My *new sister-in-law was introduced to this recipe at her bridal shower which her aunts hosted.  They had the FABULOUS idea to have a personal chef, Silver Plum, come and do a cooking demonstration complete with recipes.  

Does that beat making a bridal gown with toilet paper or what?!?!  

All this to say that I now have the recipe for this little bites.  So, I made them to take to a friend's house who was hosting dinner.  

They were just as good as I remembered...maybe better!  

You have to make them!!

Hoisin Chicken Canapés
adapted from Silver Plum recipe files

1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and shredded
1 8oz can of sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
1 cup of Hoisin Sauce (see below)
1 Serrano chile, finely chopped
2 TBS of scallion greens, thinly sliced
40 rice crackers

In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken, water chestnuts, Hoisin sauce, and chile.  Top each rice cracker with 1 TBS of the chicken mixture.  Garnish with the scallion greens.  Enjoy!

Spiced Hoisin Sauce
adapted from Silver Plum recipe files

1 cup of Hoisin sauce
2 TBS of fresh ginger, minced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 TBS of rice vinegar
1 TBS of low-sodium soy sauce
1 TBS of honey
1 TBS of lime juice
1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp of toasted sesame oil

Whisk all the ingredients together.  This is amazing with the canapés but I also used it for a marinade which was awesome too!  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!