Friday, August 27, 2010

Shallot Blueberry Sauce


Not sure where this one came from.  
Not sure why blueberries and shallots.  

I do know it worked.  
I do know my husband managed to get every drop off his plate.

I used this sauce over top of grilled pork tenderloin that was simply seasoned.  I think I will add a bit more red wine next time so it is less thick.  This sauce definitely glamed up a simple supper though.

Shallot Blueberry Sauce

2 medium shallots, sliced
2 TBS of olive oil
1/4 tsp of salt
4 TBS of red wine
1/2 pint of whole fresh blueberries

In a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.  Add the shallots and salt.  Cook for 4 minutes or until soft.  Add the wine and wait for it to simmer.  Then add the blueberries and lower the heat to medium-low.  Simmer for 8-10 minutes.  Use this sauce over grilled meats.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!