Saturday, May 29, 2010

Lime Pepper Chicken

I love all things citrus.  There are always lemons and limes in my house.  I think that a blast of bright flavor does wonders for many dishes.  I was planning on making a lemon and rosemary sauce to go with our chicken but much to my dismay I did not have any lemons.  I didn't think that lime and rosemary would compliment one another so I developed plan B, lime pepper chicken.  


I enjoyed this dish.  It was really bright and the pepper gave it just enough heat.  I will let the sauce reduce a bit more before I returned the chicken to the pan next time.  




Lime Pepper Chicken

3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, pounded to 3/4"
1/4 tsp of salt and pepper
2 TBS of olive oil
1/3 cup of onion, finely diced
1/4 cup of fresh lime juice
1 cup of low sodium chicken broth
1/2 tsp of fresh black pepper
2 TBS of cilantro

Season the chicken with a 1/4 tsp of salt and pepper.  Heat the 2 TBS of olive oil in a large sauté pan.  Cook the chicken for 4-5 minutes on each side, making sure to get some nice brown color.  Remove the chicken from the pan and cover with foil.  Add the onions to the pan and cook for 4 minutes.  Add the chicken broth, lime juice, and black pepper.  Simmer the sauce for about 10 minutes, be sure to get all the brown bits off the bottom of the pan.  Return the chicken to the pan and cook for another 5 minutes.  Add in 1 TBS of cilantro to the sauce.  Plate each chicken breast with sauce over the top and garnish with the remaining cilantro and a lime slice.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!