Sunday, May 23, 2010

Bear Creek

I am settling back into home after a wonderful, relaxing weekend.  Sometimes what you really need is a weekend away from home.  


So, my husband and I met my parents in the Lehigh Valley for a quick getaway.  My husband did some racing at the Velodrome.  We also had dinner at The Grille at Bear Creek.  The Grille is part of Bear Creek Mountain Resort.


We had the most fantastic meal!  I ordered a California Coast cocktail which is lemon vodka with pomegranate liquor.   It was really refreshing!  Our salads came with a sherry vinaigrette which I am going to do my best to recreate very soon because it was perfect.  For dinner I had the roast chicken with broccolini and Yukon potatoes.  The chicken was from a local farm and de-boned before roasting.  It was amazing.  It was also large enough that everyone at the table had a bite or two.  I guess it highlights the point that fresh ingredients, cooked simply are always the best.  


So, if you find yourself in the Lehigh Valley, making the trek to Bear Creek is definitely worth the trip into the country!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!