Saturday, November 21, 2009

Yogurt Marinade

I was catching up on some Food Network shows this morning while nursing my knee and was inspired by a marinade on Alex's Day Off.  This show is decadent and typically inspires me with new flavor combinations.  I rarely use Alex's recipes though because they are usually pretty unhealthy.  Not today though.

She marinated half a chicken in...
3/4 cup of whole yogurt
1 inch of grated fresh ginger
1 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes

I substituted...
3/4 cup of nonfat yogurt for the whole yogurt
1 1/4 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breasts for the whole chicken

After sitting for a couple hours I grilled the chicken.  It came out moist and delicious.  I added the sliced chicken to whole wheat tortillas with fresh salsa.  It was a great lunch.  Sorry that I don't have a picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!