Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Romesco Sauce

Let it be known that I love a good steak.

I do however enjoy a good sauce alongside.  I'm not talking about your typical steak sauce.  I am looking for a pan sauce, a fresh salsa, or even a chimichurri...you get the point.

I recently saw an episode of The Minimalist where he prepared a Romesco Sauce with Tri-Tip.  It completely inspired this sauce over flank steak.


It was amazing!  My husband and I so enjoyed this.  It was easy to prepare and really elevated our typical weeknight fare.

After dinner we may have broken out some pita bread to "sample" the sauce a bit more.  We loved the texture from the almond and the sweetness from the char on the tomatoes.

Romesco Sauce
inspired by Mark Bittman

1 pint of cherry tomatoes
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup of raw almonds
1/3 cup of olive oil
2 TBS of fresh parsley
1/4 tsp each of salt and pepper

Heat a dry cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.  Once hot, add the tomatoes, garlic, and almonds.  Stay close and keep moving the pan to ensure even char.  It should take about 5-7 minutes.

Pour the tomatoes, garlic, and almonds in a the bowl of a food processor.  Pulse about 10 times.  Add in the olive oil, parsley, salt and pepper.  Pulse until a coarse paste.  Use as a sauce for grilled meats or an appetizer with pita bread.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I usually like my steaks as, but I find myself drawn towards sauces and marinades for some reason. This sauce sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!