Tuesday, July 12, 2011

July means Birthday Cake!

My husband, my father, and I all celebrate our birthday in July.  Many of my extended family too!  So that means only one thing...
























BIRTHDAY CAKE!!!!!!!


In my opinion, birthdays are a great reason to indulge.  A piece of something decadent, a favorite meal, or something sparkly are all good options in my book!

This cake is a true indulgence.  It is by far the best recipe for chocolate cake I have tried.  The frosting was such a great twist.  The caramel is not overpowering but compliments the chocolate so well.  Overall, simply fantastic!

The recipe for Salted Caramel Chocolate Cake is by Anne Thornton.  She hosts the new show, Dessert First on the Food Network.  Can I just say, she can bake!  She has a huge array of recipes with a great flavor combinations.

Check out her show and if you have a special event or birthday coming up, promise me you will at least consider making this cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!