Monday, February 7, 2011

Mediterranean Pizza

























I love a good pizza!  I adore having a pizza stone so that I can make pizza my way at home.  For me, a great pizza has a crisp crust, cheese, and lots of toppings.  

This pizza has evolved over the years, always changing.  This version far surpassed it's predecessors with the addition of roasted chicken as opposed to ground chicken.  The use of zahtar pulled everything together.  This pizza was a keeper in our house, I hope your family likes it too!


Mediterranean Pizza

1 ball of pizza dough
2 TBS of olive oil
1 TBS of zahtar
4oz of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
2oz of reduced-fat Feta
4 scallions, sliced
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1 1/2 cups of roasted chicken*
4 slices of provolone

Preheat your oven to 400degrees.  Place the stone in the oven and let it heat up for at least one hour.  Roll out your dough to about 11" in diameter.  Place the dough on the stone, and rub gently with the olive oil and zahtar.  Cook for about 10 minutes or until the edges are slightly brown.  While the dough is cooking, combine the spinach, feta, chicken, scallions, and black pepper.  Stir well.  Arrange the 4 slices of provolone on the pizza dough.  Spread the spinach topping over the provolone.  Cook for about 10 minutes until the cheese begins to melt.  Slice.  Enjoy!

* I roasted my own chicken.  I rubbed both on top and under the skin with a combination of zahtar and olive oil.  I think it really added a ton of flavor!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm, spinach and feta were so made for each other, especially on a killer pizza like this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pizza on the menu this week, but yours sounds better than the one I'm making!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!