Monday, January 10, 2011

Chai Gingerbread Bars: 2.0

When I saw this recipe, for Chai Gingerbread Bars, on Tasty Kitchen they sounded delicious!  I love gingerbread and Chai tea so I made them.  They were not 'gingery' enough for me.  So, I melded them with one of my favorite gingerbread recipes and the results we amazing.  They have become a family favorite, especially with a great cup of tea, I think you all will love them too!


Chai Gingerbread Bars

2 cups of whole wheat flour
1 tsp of allspice
1 tsp of cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1 1/2 tsp of Chai tea leaves (about 3 tea bags worth)
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1 cup of butter, softened
1 cup of dark brown sugar
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
2 whole eggs
1 tsp of vanilla
1/4 cup of molasses
1 TBS of fresh ginger, minced
1/2 cup of golden raisins

Sift together the flour, allspice, cinnamon, ground ginger, tea leaves, baking soda, and salt.  In the bowl of a mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth.  Add in the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides as needed.  Add in the molasses, vanilla, and ginger.  Combine until the mixture is smooth.  Slowly add in the flour mixture.  Once combined, add in the raisins.  Grease a 9"x13" baking pan (I like to use the paper from the butter).  Spread the batter evenly in the pan.  Bake at 350degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  Cool on a wire rack completely before cutting.  These bars are best cold, honestly!  Enjoy!  



2 comments:

  1. oh YUM! i love the addition of the chai, this looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made them tonight!!! Amazing - yum yum!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!