Monday, September 13, 2010

Salsa Verde Pork, take 2


I have made a version of this recipe before.  My husband and I really liked it but the sauce was thin and I ended up having to reduce it to get the consistency I was looking for.  I decided to make a few changes and try it again.  It was great, no extra step needed!  I served it over smashed sweet potatoes.  This is a great recipe for the fall, quick to prepare, and super comforting!

Salsa Verde Pork

1- 2.5lb pork loin
1 medium jar of tomatillo or green salsa, medium heat (Mrs. Renfros)
1 15oz can of fire roasted tomatoes (Muir Glen)
1/2 cup of chicken broth, low sodium (Pacific)
1 TBS of cumin
2 dried bay leaves
1 medium onion, sliced
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
1 TBS of olive oil

Combine all the ingredients in a large crock pot.  Set crock pot to low heat and cook for 8-10 hours.  1 hour before serving, shred the pork with two forks.  Stir well, cover, and let it stand in the warm crock pot.  Serve over smashed sweet potatoes.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I love the flavors you included in this dish. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!