Monday, August 2, 2010

Birthday Wishes and Blueberry Oat Bread


I recently celebrated my birthday.  I am not one for big celebrations, to me it is about being with people I love.  This year my husband was sweet and surprised me with dinner at Grand Cru with some of our dear friends and family.  It was a great evening.  One friend surprised me by making my all time favorite cake, Beatty's Chocolate Cake.  It is rich, full of chocolate, and absolutely perfect!

My husband, parents, and mother-in-law gave me a GREAT gift.  Something I have been wanting for so long but just wouldn't splurge on.  


I am so excited and smile every time I see it sitting on my counter.  It is gorgeous.  After I opened it, I exclaimed to my husband, "do we have to go out for dinner?"  I was already beginning to think of recipes to try!  

So this weekend, after comparing what was in my cupboards with ingredient lists, I christened my Kitchen Aid by making Blueberry Oat Bread.  It was so easy.  I also loved the nutty texture from all the oats and how moist the bread was from the milk.  



Blueberry Oat Bread

2 cups of flour
1 cup of rolled oats
1 cup of sugar
11/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of allspice
3/4 cup of low-fat milk
1/2 cup of butter, melted
zest of one lime
2 eggs
1 pint of fresh blueberries

Combine the flour, oats, sugar, salt, baking soda, and baking powder in the bowl of a mixer on low speed.  Add in the butter, milk, lime zest, and eggs.  Stir for 30 seconds.  Carefully then fold in blueberries.  Pour the batter into a greased 9 inch round baking dish or large loaf pan.  Bake at 350degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!