Friday, July 9, 2010

Pan-fried Chickpeas


I saw these beauties at Aggies Kitchen and had to try them!  I served them like a bowl of nuts.  I must admit, I had to remove myself from the room before our friends arrived to keep from eating the whole bowl!  They were super good and easy to make!  Thanks Aggie!

Pan-fried Chickpeas

1 15oz can of chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
2 tsp of flour
2 tsp of Emeril's seasoning
3 TBS of olive oil

Be sure the chickpeas are very dry.  This will help to ensure a good crust.  Place the flour and seasoning on a large plate and mix well.  Heat the olive in a large skillet over medium-high heat.  Add the chickpeas to the flour mixture and be sure to cover them all.  Quickly add the chickpeas to the oil and toss around to coat thoroughly.  Once they start to brown pull them out and place on a plate lined with a paper towel.  Serve as an appetizer or salad garnish.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!