Monday, June 21, 2010

Flatiron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce

It has been a crazy few weeks.  As a thank you to some good friends and family who have been great support we hosted a cook out.  The main event was a Flatiron Steak with Chimichurri Sauce and Tuscan Chicken.

The Chimichurri serves as a marinade and sauce.  It is bright, spicy, and full of flavor.  It was easy to prepare too!  I know the sauce was fantastic but sadly the cook missed out on the steak so I enjoyed the Tuscan Chicken topped with Chimichurri Sauce.  My husband loved it and was equally disappointed that I didn't get to try it, I think he was pretty happy with his work on the grill.


Chimichurri Sauce
adapted from a Tyler Florence recipe on FN

2 jalapeños
5 garlic cloves
1/2 cup of fresh parsley
1/2 cup of fresh oregano
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
Juice of 3 limes
Zest of one lime
1/4 cup of sherry wine vinegar
1 tsp sea salt
2/3 cup of olive oil

Place everything but the olive oil in a blender and let it run.  Once the consistency is fairly even, slowly add in the olive oil.  Use about 1/3 of the mixture as a marinade.  Set the rest aside to top your meat with.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liz,

    Lately Sara has been to busy to update CEiMB. I (Marthe of Culinary Delights) offered to take it over from her to keep this site running. She was very happy to provide me with the information so that we can keep enjoying this great group.

    It seems that a lot of members have been inactive for a while, therefor I ask you all to send me an email on whether or not you still want to be a part of our group, please also mention your blogadress in your reply.

    Please note that reorganization is currently in progress so be patient as I make necessary updates.

    Take care,
    Marthe

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!