Monday, May 3, 2010

Moroccan Pork

Over the weekend I was able to sit and have a cup of coffee while I caught up on some Food Network.  I recorded a new show Spice and Easy.  On the which the host, Janet, made Moroccan Chicken Skewers.  I am a huge fan of dry rubs!  This particular one used a different combination of spices.  I had a gorgeous Niman Pork Loin in the refrigerator so I thought this would be the perfect time to try this new recipe!

Check out the color after I applied the rub...


The flavors in the rub came together really well.  I couldn't pick out one single flavor but really enjoyed the result. My husband requested that dinner included caramelized onions.  So, I topped the pork with some that I prepared with olive oil, salt, and paprika.  I served the pork along with a green salad and roasted sweet potatoes with allspice.  It was a great meal.


Moroccan Spice Rub
adapted from Spice & Easy (tv)

1 TBS of paprika
1 1/2 tsp of cumin
1/2 tsp of ground ginger
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp of salt
1 1/2 tsp of sugar

Combine all ingredients well.  Sprinkle over pork (or chicken or sirloin) making sure to cover every surface.  Cover the pork and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.  Remove 30 minutes prior to cooking.  Cook the pork loin on the grill using an indirect method.  Once done, remove from the heat, and let it rest for 10 minutes.  Cut into 1/4" slices.  Topped with caramelized onions.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!