Friday, May 14, 2010

Grilled Chicken with Gremolata

I recently bought this month's Cooking Light.  I love to read this magazine but more often than not, I don't make a single recipe I have read.  This month though is different.  I already have 5 recipes I want to try....stay tuned for those!

Tonight I decided to make one of the quicker recipes I had tagged, Grilled Chicken with Gremolata.  I was especially excited because that meant I would get to use some herbs from my patio garden for the first time!  This is a great week night meal that I put together in under 30 minutes, including grilling time.


Grilled Chicken with Gremolata
adapted from Cooking Light (May 2010)

4- 6 oz chicken breasts
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of black pepper
2 TBS of olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon
Zest of one lemon
3 tsp of olive oil
2 TBS of pine nuts, toasted
2 garlic cloves
2 springs of fresh mint
1/2 cup of loosely packed fresh basil leaves
1/4 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of pepper

In a large resealable bag combine 2 TBS of olive oil, lemon juice, 1/2 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of pepper.  Add the chicken and massage well.  Let this stand for 10 minutes or so.  Then grill using an indirect cooking method. Meanwhile, in a mini-food processor, combine the lemon zest, pine nuts, garlic cloves, 1/4 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp of pepper, 3 tsp of olive oil, mint, and basil.  Pulse to combine until a paste forms.  Once the chicken is done slice each breast into strips, against the grain.  Top with Gremolata.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!