Thursday, April 1, 2010

CEiMB: Miso Glazed Cod

This  week's CEiMB was made by Allison at Veggies and Valentino.  She chose Miso Glazed Cod.  I have actually made this recipe before and wanted to try it again.  My husband and I really enjoyed it the last time and luckily most of the ingredients are pantry friendly!

 
The glaze is perfect, not too sweet at all.  I will say that it is important to dry the dish before you add the glaze.  If you skip this step the glaze doesn't stick very well and will not caramelize, as demonstrated in my dish.  I topped mine with a bit of chili sauce.  I added a great kick of flavor.  This is a great weeknight meal.

Miso Glazed Cod
adapted from The Food You Crave

6 6 oz cod fillets
1/3 cup of low sodium blond miso
1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
1 tsp of toasted sesame oil
2 TBS of mirin
6 TBS of chili paste

Preheat broiler.  Rinse and dry the cod fillets.  Place the fillets on a baking sheet.  Apply one TBS of glaze to each one and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.  Place under the broiler for 3-4 minutes until the glaze starts caramelize.  Remove, brush with remaining glaze, and return to 375 degree oven for 5-6 minutes until cooked throughout.  Top with chili paste.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!