Saturday, March 6, 2010

Pantry Pasta Salad

Pasta salad screams summer to me.  Especially since I love all the fresh bell peppers, herbs, and tomatoes of summer.  I could not resist to use some fresh basil, even though it really is not a pantry item.  I did really enjoy the pequillo peppers and capers with the balsamic vinaigrette though.    


10 oz of Barilla Plus pasta, cooked per instructions
1/2 red onion, finely diced
3 TBS of capers, drained
8 pequillo peppers, sliced
1/4 cup of sun dried tomatoes, reconstituted in warm water and drained
5 chicken Italian sausage, cooked and sliced
1/4 cup of fresh basil leaves, chopped
1/2 tsp of fresh ground black pepper
1/4 cup of balsamic vinaigrette (Maple Grove Farms)

Nothing crazy complicated here....just put everything together in a bowl.  The longer it sits, the better it is.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!