Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Roasted Turkey & Root Vegetables



I needed one of those dinners that I could throw in the oven and forget about while I got a few things done around the house.  I found turkey breast cutlets, parsley, parsnips, celery root, and carrots in the fridge and decided this was going to have to be dinner.

I dredged the cutlets in 3/4 cup of panko bread crumbs, 1/4 cup of parmesan, 1/4 cup of chopped parlsey, and some salt and pepper after dunking them in skim milk.  Bake at 400 for 35-35 minutes.

After chopping up the root vegetables I roasted them with 2 TBS of olive oil, 1/2 tsp of salt, and a 1/4 tsp of pepper.  After roasting at 400 degrees for 45 minutes, I finished them with 1 TBS of unsalted butter and 2 TBS of chopped parsley.

It was a quick meal that required little hands-on time so I could get to other things like laundry and Christmas shopping!  Enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. I love how you can just throw things together, Liz! And have it taste amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!