Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pork Chops & Roasted Cauliflower

OK, so this week I challenged myself to simply buy whatever looked good at the grocery store and bring it home....

First item: Cauliflower
My husband loves cauliflower.  I am not the biggest fan typically mostly because it tastes sort of bland.  A patient of mine recommended roasting it.  Oh my goodness, it is like candy.  It is so sweet and the roasting really deepens the flavor.  I kept it very simple and seasoned it with olive oil, salt, and pepper.

Second Item: Center cut pork chops
I love center cut pork chops.  I grew up having them quite a bit.  We typically grill them or I cook them in tomatoes with herbes de provence.  This time I tried someting different.  I always have champagne vinegarette in the house.
 
Champagne Vingarette


2 TBS of dijon mustard
2 TBS of champagne vinegar
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
1/2 tsp of dried thyme
1/3 cup of good olive oil



So, I mixed 3 TBS with 1/2 cup of plain bread crumbs and 2 TBS of fresh, chopped parsley.  I then packed in on top of each chop and bake them for 25-30 minutes.  Delicious!



1 comment:

  1. looks so good. I would've been wanting to add another veggie with the califlower but as I am thinking of it- nothing comes to mind that would work? Just an example of how simple can be so good. :) mom

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!