Thursday, November 26, 2009

Family Dinner

I am hanging out with my husband's family for Thanksgiving before heading over to my family's house tomorrow.  My husband's family is all about family dinners together.  We typically meet at my Mother-in-law or Sister-in law's house.  It is always true comfort food and a great time spent with family.  My sister-in-law always has something yummy and last night proved no different!  She made burgers on the grill (since it is a heat wave here at 45degrees) and oven potatoes.  I put together the vegetable dish (recipe below).  It was a great night to catch-up and relax together!





Green Bean Medley

2 TBS of olive oil
1 bunch of scallions sliced
1 pint of sliced mushrooms
1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper
2 cloves of minced garlic
 1 pint of cherry tomatoes
1 bunch of fresh green beans with ends removed
1 TBS of soy sauce in 2 TBS of water
Heat oil over medium high heat.  Add scallions, mushrooms, and pepper.  Once the mushrooms have started to brown, add the garlic and cook 1 minute more.  Add the tomatoes and beans.  Once tomatoes start to soften, about 3 minutes, add the soy sauce mixed with water to the pan and cover.  Cook for 5 more minutes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!