Saturday, September 17, 2011

Pineapple Salsa

In a recent trip to your Farmer's Market my husband tagged along.  Actually he was bribed.  I promised a stop at the District Taco truck for a breakfast taco.  During our pass through the market, my husband handed me a small pint of chiles while I was paying.

I asked "what kind of chiles are they?"
He replied "I don't know but the guy said they were hot."

So, I had a pint of about 30 chiles to use for the next couple weeks.  What to do? Especially considering I didn't actually know the heat level.


I figured using something sweet might help to cut the spiciness if they turned out to be ridiculous.  Enter the pineapple.  This salsa was super quick and definitely gets better over a couple days.  The combination of the pineapple and chiles is bright and clean.  I also love the bits of red that act as a warning of the heat level.

Pineapple Salsa

1 medium ripe pineapple, finely chopped
1 bunch of scallions, finely chopped
3 red chiles, finely chopped 
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and toss gently.  Serve with baked corn tortillas.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!