Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rockfish with Mango Avocado Relish
























A friend gave us some beautiful pieces of Rockfish.  My husband was kind enough to grill them perfectly.

I love how mild this fish is and how easily it accepts flavors.  This relish was borne from simply what was in the refrigerator.  I think it would taste great over any mild white fish or chicken.  It could probably stand alone with some tortilla chips too!

Mango Avocado Relish

1 mango, peeled and finely chopped
1 avocado, chopped
1 jalapeño, finely diced
3 TBS of cilantro, chopped
zest of one lime
juice of one line
1/4 tsp of salt and pepper

Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir well.  Making sure that the juice is evenly distributed will keep the avocado bright.  Serve as is or over your favorite grilled fish.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. I'm not a seafood eater, but you're right, this should be great with chicken. I think I'll grill up some chicken breasts this weekend and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum! i've never tried rockfish before, but i do know that i LOVE those flavors you used. delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love trying new fish! Have yet to come across Rock Fish but now I know what to expect. What a beautiful plate of food. Looks so fresh and delish.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!