Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Blackberry Lime Sauce

Now don't get me wrong, I love a piece of angel food cake with strawberries poured over the top.  It is one of my favorite summer desserts.  I was in the mood for something different though.  Blackberries and limes added a great brightness to my innocent piece of angel food cake!


This was a pretty quick and easy sauce.  A bonus is that it can be made ahead of time and served cold.

Blackberry Lime Sauce

1/2 pint of blackberries, rinsed
zest of one lime
1/4 cup of lime juice
1/4 cup of water
3 TBS of agave nectar
1 TBS of arrowroot powder

In a small saucepan, add the blackberries, lime zest, lime juice, water, and agave nectar.  Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.  Lightly mash the blackberries and then whisk in the arrowroot powder.  Simmer for another 1-2 minutes until glossy and smooth.  Chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  Serve over angel food cake or fruit.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness, what a lovely combination, i love this sauce!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!