I know I can get stuck in ruts. The same ingredients. The same restaurants. The same cookbooks. The same menus planned each week.
Sometimes, I need to force myself out of the rut. So I have been trying some new things. They may be small things but I am enjoying them nonetheless!
- A whole Branzino fish (I didn't even let the waiter filet it for me!)
- Almond milk instead of cow's milk
- Having an actual lunch (as opposed to scarfing down a turkey wrap in 30seconds)
- Belgium Ales, my favorite is a Dark Abbey Ale.
- Cooking with a LOT less salt.
- Getting to the grocery store at 7am on Saturdays. This way there is no one there and I am able wander.
- A cup of Chai tea in the afternoon instead of sweets or coffee.
- Exercising six days a week.