Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Cranberry Apricot Puffs



I recently attended the wedding of one of my college friends.  It was a great evening with plenty of time with friends and hors d'oeuvre galore.  This is my take on one of my favorite!

This is recipe that went together very quickly which makes it super for when guests are coming over.  The surprise was that one sheet of puff pastry makes 24 pieces which was too many for the guests I had to dinner.  So, I popped half in the freezer and viola!  Cute, delicious appetizers ready to go the next time friends are coming to dinner!

You will notice that this recipe contains my current favorite ingredient.

you guessed it...goat cheese!

I know I have a problem, I am trying to get help!

Honestly, though the holidays are coming up and this is an easy recipe that is sure to impress!

Cranberry Apricot Puffs

1/2 cup of dried unsweetened cranberries
1/2 cup of dried apricot, diced
4 oz of goat cheese
1 TBS of fresh sage, chopped
1/4 tsp of fresh cracked black pepper
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
1 egg
1 TBS of water

In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, apricots, goat cheese, sage, and black pepper well.  In another small bowl, whisk together the egg and water.  Flour a large surface on the counter placing the puff pastry dough in the center.  Flour each side of the pastry as well.  Roll out to 11"x11" and cut in half.  Place half of the cranberry mixture in log along the center of each half of the puff pastry, lengthwise.  Fold over one side, brush with the egg wash.  Fold over the other side and brush the top.  Repeat with the other piece of puff pastry.  Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Cut each log in 4 equal pieces.  Cut each quarter into 3 pieces.  Place on a nonstick baking sheet.  Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!