Monday, August 9, 2010

Veggie Burger


I don't know why but I got this idea to make my own veggie burger.  Where does that come from?  I have been trying to indulge these odd desires...

Let it be known that I have never made a veggie burger.  I didn't read a single recipe on how one might go about this.  

This one tasted delicious!  My husband and I both enjoyed it immensely!  However it did not stay together the way one would hope a burger would.  Did I mention that it tasted fantastic?

Try it, tweak it, let me know if you have better success keeping it together!

Veggie Burger

1 eggplant, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 15oz can of black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of rolled oats
1 egg, beaten
2 TBS of Dijon mustard
1 tsp of grill seasoning

Spread the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion over a large baking sheet.  Mix with 2 TBS of olive oil and 1/2 tsp of salt and pepper.  Bake at 400degrees for 25-30 minutes until soft and the vegetables have started to give off some juice.  In the bowl of a food processor,  pulse the eggplant, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and black beans.  Add in 2 more TBS of olive oil.  Place the mixture in a large bowl and add in the oats, grill seasoning, egg, and Dijon mustard.  Mix well and form into 6 patties.  In a large skillet over medium heat, add 2 TBS of olive oil.  Place the veggie burgers in the skillet and cook for 4-5 minutes per side.  Serve with English muffins and whatever toppings you enjoy on a typical burger.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!