Monday, June 28, 2010

Hello again!

I just returned from a long weekend at home.  It was a great time of celebration and time with family.  I have tons of recipes to share with you but for now I want to tell you about the great food I enjoyed at my cousin's wedding.

They were fantastic hosts, that thought of everything.  As soon as you arrived you were offered a glass of champagne.  There was a antipasti table.  We all raved about the grilled portabello mushrooms, marinated mushrooms, and artichoke hearts.  If that wasn't enough, there were great passed hors d'oeuvres including, seasonal vegetable tart, steak tips wrapped in bacon with bleu cheese, and crab cakes...delicious!  Dinner was your typical choices, filet mignon, prosciutto stuffed chicken, and ravioli.  My husband was very quiet while he ate his dinner, a filet of course.  Quiet is good, quiet means all his senses are enjoying his meal.  My chicken was great...I love prosciutto and am a big fan of stuffed chicken breast.  We finished the meal with  cake.  Then for a snack after dancing there was a s'more table!  It was so fun to roast fresh marshmallows.  What a great idea!



My entire family was there which so special.  Our two hosts (and newlyweds) planned a great evening for us!  Thanks and Congratulations!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!