Monday, April 5, 2010

Mustard Oat Tilapia

After a great day at work and a good solid ride, I needed a dinner that would make it to the table fast.  A couple weeks ago I found a recipe in Jamie's Food Revolution that sparked my interest, Broiled Trout topped with Mustard and Oats.  I thought the substitution of Tilapia would be great and make this dish pantry ready.  I love the idea of having a few recipes that you typically have the ingredients on hand.  Tonight, I found a new addition to this list.  The Dijon mustard gave it a kick and the oat were nutty.  Better yet everything made it too the table in under 15 minutes.  That is my kind of Monday night meal!


Mustard Oat Tilapia
inspired by Jamie's Food Revolution

4 tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
4 tsp of Dijon mustard
1/3 cup of oats
1/2 tsp of salt and pepper
2 TBS of olive oil

Preheat the broiler.  Drizzle about 1 TBS of the oil onto a baking sheet and spread evenly.  Season the Tilapia with salt and pepper.  Spread 1 tsp of mustard over each fillet.  In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1 TBS of oil and oats together, making sure the oats are well coated.  Sprinkle the oats over the fish and gently press the oats into the fish.  Place the sheet pan under the broiler for about 10 minutes until the oats are golden and the fish is firm. Serve with a bit of lemon and vegetables.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Do you use fresh or frozen tilapia? This sounds like a great recipe...Bryan and I have talked about wanting to have fish once a week but I really don't know much about preparing/cooking fish...
    Thanks Liz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used frozen Tilapia. Just make sure they are thawed before you rinsed and dry them!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, especially if you tried any of the recipes. Thanks for stopping by and sharing your insight!